Everyone wants to know the secret to getting and staying married. Research shows that married people are healthier than their single or divorced peers and that they tend to make more money and to report being far happier. But how to get there? In this special edition of TIME, we reveal:
- The new research on attraction and desire: what stokes it and what whittles it away
- The latest science on how a secure attachment to a spouse can measurably change your brain and protect your body from stress
- Great advice from literature on love and commitment
- What a healthy sex life looks like
- The one trait every marriage needs
- Money moves every couple should make
- Why the divorce rate is at a 30-year low.